The Fayette Tribune, Oak Hill, W.Va.

Archive

hohs building

According to Merry Hanning, of the Oak Hill High/ Collins High School Alumni Association, the now Historic Oak Hill School is one of five buildings which have housed local high school students since 1907. This location on School Street was home to Oak Hill High students from 1928 to the spring of 1950, when students were moved into Collins High School on Jones Avenue. It later served students and staff of Oak Hill Elementary School, until that school was closed and joined by two other locals in combining their student bodies at New River Elementary School.