Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m.
Swearing in of appointed council member Anna Lou Holt
1. Article 371 Pedestrians (Crosswalks)
1. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
2. Structural Inspection Board recommendation — John Zink property NW corner of School Street and Central Avenue
3. Advertise for bid — City Hall generator
4. Christmas decorations — Purchase of decorations, committee report
5. Council Chambers configuration — Committee report
6. Resolution — Police department grant, Governor’s Community Participation Program
7. Chamber/CVB building improvements
8. Farmers Market — Permanent facilities on city property
The Finance Committee will meet at 5:45 in the city manager’s reception area.
Oak Hill City Council
Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m.
- Local News
- Mount Hope fun
HFT announces its 2014 season
The year 2014 brings exciting new opportunities to the Historic Fayette Theater. Once again, Main Stage shows will form the core of the presentations, while special programming comprises the Second Season. These shows are designated as Second Season because they are often pre-cast and offer HFT regulars new opportunities.
Help offered for ACA enrollment
March 31 is the final deadline to apply for private health insurance coverage through the Individual Marketplace created by the Affordable Care Act.
Going to the fair
Several area students participated in last Saturday’s Fayette County Social Studies Fair at Oak Hill High School.
Local food producers highlighted
The West Virginia Food and Farm Coalition will host an exhibition of local food producers in the Beckley/southern West Virginia area March 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dream Center.
Symphony, chorus spring season begins March 3
The spring season of the New River Youth Symphony & Chorus opens on Monday, March 3 at Oak Hill High School and musicians and singers are welcome to join.
Two notable Fayette County singers presented the national anthem prior to the Division 1 championship game at
the West Virginia Hometown Invitational Tournament at Midland Trail High School over the weekend.
New River Health issues enrollment challenge to schools
A group of Fayette County schools has been issued a challenge. It’s not just any ol’ school yard dare, though.
Meadow Bridge man arrested for allegedly firing gun
A Meadow Bridge man was taken to Southern Regional Jail after allegedly firing a gun outside and pointing the gun at his wife following an argument with his stepdaughter Sunday night.
Two arrested for drugs
Two men were arrested in Fayette County as part of an ongoing drug investigation, a press release from the county sheriff’s office said.
- More Local News Headlines