Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m.
Swearing in of appointed council member Anna Lou Holt
1. Article 371 Pedestrians (Crosswalks)
1. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
2. Structural Inspection Board recommendation — John Zink property NW corner of School Street and Central Avenue
3. Advertise for bid — City Hall generator
4. Christmas decorations — Purchase of decorations, committee report
5. Council Chambers configuration — Committee report
6. Resolution — Police department grant, Governor’s Community Participation Program
7. Chamber/CVB building improvements
8. Farmers Market — Permanent facilities on city property
The Finance Committee will meet at 5:45 in the city manager’s reception area.
Oak Hill City Council
Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m.
- Local News
Cutting down on drug abuse, trafficking
Recently, I was successful in pressing the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) to expand the Appalachia High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA), which enables our state’s law enforcement officers and officials to access additional federal resources to further their drug control and prevention efforts.
Learn how to stay in shape while still enjoying the holiday season
While the holidays can be the most wonderful time of year, with cooler weather, family gatherings and delicious foods, they can also be a minefield for those looking to maintain their weight-loss and fitness goals.
- A visit from St. Nick
Let’s improve conditions for all coal miners
On Dec. 6 each year, we pause to honor our country’s coal miners, and reflect on the sacrifices those men and women have made over the course of well over 100 years.
Tamarack staff recommends books
Whether it’s on Read to Me Day at Bradley and Rosedale elementaries, or in the break room, Tamarack staff members read for education and for entertainment year round.
Groups schedule annual holiday show for Dec. 14
The New River Youth Symphony and Chorus will present a holiday concert at Historic Fayette Theater in downtown Fayetteville on Saturday, Dec. 14.
Examining JROTC leadership programs in Fayette County and beyond our borders
JROTC programs from across West Virginia came to the Glen Jean Armory to compete against one another academically and physically.
Lively Family Amphitheater to host Christmas event Thursday
Following Oak Hill’s popular annual Christmas parade on Thursday, the Lively Family Amphitheater will get in the spirit of the season by hosting its 1st annual Christmas Event.
- Community calendar — Monday, December 9, 2013
Public input sought for development of Foundation Document for Appalachian National Scenic Trail
The National Park Service is starting the process of preparing a Foundation Document for planning and management of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, a unit of the National Park Service. The public is invited to join in this effort.
- More Local News Headlines
- Cutting down on drug abuse, trafficking