- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will meet as follows: regular meeting — Monday, Aug. 5, BOE office, 6 p.m.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Wednesday, Aug. 13 — regular meeting, 9 a.m.; and Friday, Aug. 23 — regular meeting, 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Revival — There will be a revival at Kaymoor Community Church Aug. 15-17 with Bro. Norman Hamm speaking nightly at 6 p.m. There also will be special singing each night. The church is located two miles from Fayetteville on Gatewood Road.
- Homecoming — Horseshoe Baptist Church will host its annual Homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 4. Pastor Wade Samples II and the congregation invite everyone to attend. Sunday school will be at 10 a.m., followed by morning worship, dinner and the afernoon service. There will be special singing during the afternoon service, and Jeremy Jones will bring the Homecoming message.
- Ames Heights VBS — Hear ye, hear ye. Your presence is requested at Ames Heights Bible Church for a royally fun time at VBS, Aug. 5 through Aug. 10, from 6 to 8 p.m. each evening. This year’s theme is Kingdom Chronicles, Standing Strong in the Battle for the Truth. For more information, call Susie at 304-574-2131.
- Believer’s Connection — LifeBridge Assembly of God, 1513 E. Main St., Oak Hill, will host a “Believer’s Connection,” through Wednesday, July 31. Servicces will be as follows: Monday — 7 p.m., Rev. Roger Williams of Abingdon, Va., guest speaker; Tuesday-Wednesday — 7 p.m., Rev. Curtis Honaker, Fayetteville, guest speaker. For more information, please call Pastor Shirlie LifeBridge A/G at 304-469-2646.
- Grief Share — The Oak Hill Gospel Tabernacle is hosting a ministry called “Grief Share” which takes place every Thursday night for 12 weeks more at 6:30 p.m. Grief Share is a special weekly seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. The church is located at 124 Oyler Avenue, behind Rite Aid, on Main Street. For more information about the ministry, contact the church office at 304-469-3532 or contact Yvonne Pacella by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.