Fayetteville Town Council
Town Hall, 125 North Court Street
Aug. 1 at 6 p.m.
1. Call to order
2. Read minutes from previous meeting
3. Correct or approve minutes as read
4. Review and approval of financial report
5. Presentation: Town superintendent
6. Visitor’s agenda
1. Discuss and approve contract for superintendent to sign a Historic Preservation Grant in the amount of $25,000 for a replacement roof for the old Fayetteville High School building — Superintendent
2. Discuss and approve covenant to be signed by superintendent for the old Fayetteville High School building — Superintendent
3. Discuss and consider Worker’s Compensation Insurance proposal — Recorder
4. Approve intergovernmental agreement between Town of Fayetteville and Fayette County concerning the Floodplain Ordinance Management Program — Recorder
5. Approve for superintendent to sign contract for the purchase of 40 tons of salt for the Street Department — Superintendent
6. Discuss the Second Avenue Bridge — Hank Seay
7. Discuss dilapidated buildings that are located in the Town of Fayetteville — Dennis Hanson
1. Discuss the Whitehorse Bed and Breakfast property — Dennis Hanson
2. CVB Director Sally Kiner request to be the scheduling agent for the gazebo at Janutolo Park — Recorder
3. CVB Director Sally Kiner would like to request additional funding for the Bridge Day Chili Cook-off for additional marketing, advertising and promotional funding — Recorder
4. Discuss and consider police chief’s request to hire one new police officer — Recorder
Report from boards
- Town Park Board
- CVB report
- Beautification Commission
- Huse Park Commission
- Planning Commission Board
- Board of Appeals
- School Building Committee
- Water and Sanitary Board
- Police Department report
- Fire Department report
- Town superintendent’s report
- Local News
Coda Inspire concert today in Fayetteville
Coda Mountain Academy’s innovative after school program will present a concert this week free and open to the public.
Butcher: BOE to reconsider county CEFP
Members of the Fayette County Board of Education said Monday they were going to be taking a big step backward.
Fayette FOP kicks off annual Shop with a Cop event
The 2013 Shop with a Cop program is accepting applications for Fayette County children who want to participate in the program.
Bridgemont’s dental hygiene program continues its community outreach
The reach of Bridgemont Community and Technical College’s dental hygiene program far exceeds the chairs in which patients sit in a sixth-floor clinic at Davis Hall.
UKVEDC annual dinner scheduled
The Upper Kanawha Valley Economic Development Corporation’s annual meeting will be held Wednesday, Dec. 10 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the WVU Tech Ballroom.
Fayetteville Town Council Agenda
Dec. 5 at 6 p.m., Town Hall, 125 N. Court Street
State Police: Meth problem seen as ‘more widespread than we thought’
West Virginia State Police uncovered nine active methamphetamine laboratories and three “meth dumps” in southern West Virginia in the past month and arrested 32 people on related charges, officials announced Friday.
Unseen scars often as painful as ones seen
In economics, the first lesson I teach my pupils is the lesson of things that are seen and things that are not seen. Actions produce some effects that are readily apparent and others that are not.
Dogged journalism is a blessing, not a curse
Let’s start with the obvious: A democracy needs intelligence agencies. It needs to know what’s happening in the world — and understand the plans of allies and enemies — to keep the nation prepared and secure.
- Cold and snowy Thanksgiving
- More Local News Headlines
- Coda Inspire concert today in Fayetteville