- Ansted Council — The Town of Ansted has postponed its January council meeting, changing its date from Jan. 2 until Jan. 9 at 7:30 p.m. due to the holidays.
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will convene as follows: regular meeting — Monday, Jan. 6, 6 p.m., BOE office.
- FARSE — The Fayette Association of Retired School Employees (FARSE) meets each fourth Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m. at the Whitewater Bar and Grill in Quality Inn, Fayetteville. Meeting dates are: March 22, April 26, and May 17 (changes are made only when the date interferes with a holiday weekend). All retired school employees are invited to join the group, and those who are relatives or friends of a retired school employee are welcomed as associate members. For more information, call Mary Alice Casebolt at 304-877-3488 or Sylvia Allen at 304-469-6250.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 3; Friday, Jan. 17; and Friday, Jan. 31 in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Oak Hill Lions Club — The Oak Hill Lions Club meets each Thursday at 6 p.m. at Dory’s Grille, Holiday Lodge, Oak Hill. For more information, call 304-574-2836.
- Oak Hill Rotary — The Oak Hill Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the LifeBridge Fellowship Hall in East End Oak Hill. Call 304-640-1497 for more information. The first Tuesday of each month is Business Meeting day, and each following Tuesday has a member program scheduled, with guests invited to visit.
- Cancer Support Group — The Fayette County Cancer Support Group meets the first Monday of each month (excluding holidays, then meetings are held the second Monday) from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Summit at Hidden Valley, 438 23rd Street, Oak Hill (next to Hidden Valley Nursing Home). Call Ann Perry at 304-465-1224.