(Editor’s note: A free community calendar entry may be placed by a non-profit organization by one of the following means: e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax it to 304-469-4105; mail it to The Fayette Tribune, PO Box 139, Oak Hill, WV 25901; or drop it by our office at 417 Main Street West, Oak Hill. Deadline for the Monday edition is the previous Thursday at 12 p.m.; deadline for the Thursday edition is Tuesday at 12 p.m. Also, please include a phone number to be printed in the entry in case of questions.)
- Republican Executive Committee — The Fayette County Republican Republican Executive Committee will hold its October meeting on Monday, Oct. 7 at 6:30 p.m. at Shoney’s in Oak Hill. Any registered Republican is welcome to attend. For further information, contact Gary Lilly, chairman, at 304-574-2049 or at email@example.com.
- MTA Board of Directors — The Mountain Transit Authority board of directors will hold its next regular meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at the MTA garage/office facility located on Broad Street in Summersville. The public is invited to attend.
- SCD Board — The Southern Conservation District board will meet Oct. 10 at the SCD building, 463 Ragland Road, Beckley, at 9:45 a.m. Normal business will be conducted. The agenda will be posted at the SCD office. For any questions, please call 304-253-0261.
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will meet as follows: regular meeting — Monday, Oct. 7, 6 p.m., BOE office; special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Oct. 14, 6 p.m., Midland Trail High School (for Midland Trail area schools); and special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Oct. 21, 6 p.m., Valley High School (for Valley area schools).
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Friday, Oct. 11; Friday, Oct. 25; Friday, Nov. 1; Friday, Nov. 22; and Friday, Dec. 13 at 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.