(Editor’s note: A free community calendar entry may be placed by a non-profit organization by one of the following means: e-mail it to email@example.com; fax it to 304-469-4105; mail it to The Fayette Tribune, PO Box 139, Oak Hill, WV 25901; or drop it by our office at 417 Main Street West, Oak Hill. Deadline for the Monday edition is the previous Thursday at 12 p.m.; deadline for the Thursday edition is Tuesday at 12 p.m. Also, please include a phone number to be printed in the entry in case of questions.)
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will convene as follows: regular meeting — Monday, Nov. 4, BOE office, Fayetteville, 6 p.m.; and special meeting (LSIC, Meadow Bridge area schools) — Monday, Nov. 18, Meadow Bridge High School, 6 p.m.
n Caregiver Support Group — A Caregiver Support Group meeting/training entitled “Diverticulitis” will be held on Monday, Nov. 4 at 1 p.m. at the Fayette Senior Center, 108 Lewis Street, Oak Hill. Contact either Janet Zamiela or Melinda Metz at 304-465-8484 if you have any questions.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Friday, Nov. 8; Friday, Nov. 22; and Friday, Dec. 13 at 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Oak Hill Lions Club — The Oak Hill Lions Club meets each Thursday at 6 p.m. at Dory’s Grille, Holiday Lodge, Oak Hill. For more information, call 304-574-2836.
- Oak Hill Rotary — The Oak Hill Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the LifeBridge Fellowship Hall in East End Oak Hill. Call 304-640-1497 for more information. The first Tuesday of each month is Business Meeting day, and each following Tuesday has a member program scheduled, with guests invited to visit.
- Cancer Support Group — The Fayette County Cancer Support Group meets the first Monday of each month (excluding holidays, then meetings are held the second Monday) from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Summit at Hidden Valley, 438 23rd Street, Oak Hill (next to Hidden Valley Nursing Home). Call Ann Perry at 304-465-1224.