- SCD Board — The Southern Conservation District board will hold its monthly board meeting on June 13 at the SCD Building, 463 Ragland Road, Beckley, at 9:45 a.m. Normal business will be conducted. The agenda will be posted at the SCD office. For any further information, please call 304-253-0261.
- Public Hearing — A public hearing will be held on Tuesday, June 4, at Oak Hill High School at 6 p.m. for concerned citizens regarding the proposed renewal of permits for injection wells located in Lochgelly.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet June 14 — regular meeting, 9 a.m.; and June 28 — regular meeting, 9 a.m, in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will meet as follows: special meeting (school facilities) — Tuesday, June 4, Oak Hill High School, 6 p.m.; and regular meeting — Monday, June 17, BOE office, 6 p.m.
- 4-H Camp — Fayette County Summer 4-H Camp registration is now open to the public. Applications are available online at http://fayette.ext.wvu.edu/4h/camp, or at the Fayette County Extension Office in Fayetteville. The camp is July 8-12 at Fayette County Park, Beckwith. Age requirement is 9 years old by Sept. 30, 2012, with third grade completion, through age 18. Young adults ages 19-21 can apply to attend camp as counselors-in-training. Call 304-574-4253 with any questions.
- Learn to Can and Freeze Food — Learn proper and safe canning techniques for hot water bath and pressure canning at an event June 10 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Fayette Institute of Technology, 300 West Oyler Avenue, Oak Hill. Also, learn freezing techniques to get the best quality out of your foods. After this course you will be able to can or freeze nearly all foods. The session is open to the public and free to the first 20 to register ($5 for anyone after that). Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Call 304-574-4253.