- Caregiver Support Group — A caregiver support group meeting/training entitled “How to Communicate with Someone Who has Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Dementia” will be held on Monday, Aug. 26 at 1 p.m. at the Fayette Senior Center, 108 Lewis Street, Oak Hill. Contact either Janet Zamiela or Melinda Metz at 304-465-8484 if you have any questions.
- MTA Board — The next scheduled meeting of the Mountain Transit Authority board of directors will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 28, at 5 p.m. at the MTA office/garage facility at 1096 Broad Street, Summersville. The public is invited to attend.
- Board of Health — The Fayette County Board of Health will meet on Thursday, Aug. 29 at 4 p.m. at the Fayette County Health Department, Fayetteville.
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will meet as follows: regular meeting — Tuesday, Sept. 3, BOE office, 6 p.m.; special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Sept. 16, Fayetteville High School (for Fayetteville area schools), 6 p.m.; and special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Sept. 23, Oak Hill High School (for Oak Hill area schools), 6 p.m.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Friday, Sept. 6 — regular meeting, 9 a.m.; and Friday, Sept. 20 — regular meeting, 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- MTA Holiday Closing — MTA will not operate on Monday, Sept. 2 because of the Labor Day holiday. Regular routes will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 3. Please call MTA at 304-872-5872 for schedule information.
- Auction — The Rotary Club of Oak Hill will hold a fundraiser auction on Sept. 14, beginning at 11 a.m. at LifeBridge Fellowship Hall (across from King Coal). In case of rain, the auction will be held inside; otherwise, it will be on the parking lot. There will also be a hot dog sale at the same time. Donations are appreciated. Call 304-640-1497 to arrange for pick up.