- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will convene as follows: regular meeting — Monday, Nov. 4, BOE office, Fayetteville, 6 p.m.; and special meeting (LSIC, Meadow Bridge area schools) — Monday, Nov. 18, Meadow Bridge High School, 6 p.m.
- Caregiver Support Group — A Caregiver Support Group meeting/training entitled “Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack” will be held on Monday, Oct. 28 at 1 p.m. at the Fayette Senior Center, 108 Lewis Street, Oak Hill. Contact either Janet Zamiela or Melinda Metz at 304-465-8484 if you have any questions.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Friday, Nov. 8; Friday, Nov. 22; and Friday, Dec. 13 at 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Trick or Treat for Canned Goods — The Fayette County 4-Hers are going trick-or-treating for canned goods on Monday, Oct. 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. The Fayette County 4-H members will be dressing up for a good cause as they go door to door in the Fayette County area. The canned goods will help to replenish local food pantries for the winter. If you receive a visit from ghosts and goblins please do not be alarmed. These 4-H participants are looking for donated non-perishable food items to help others in need. In addition, non-perishable items may also be dropped off at the Fayette County WVU Extension Office in Fayetteville. If you would like more information or would like to make a donation, contact Cassandra Bandy, office manager, or Andrea Mender, 4-H Youth Development agent, at the Fayette County WVU Extension Office, 304-574-4253.
- Trick or Treat — Following are trick or treat hours for some Fayette County communities: Ansted — Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m., 12 and under; Fayetteville — Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m.; Gauley Bridge — Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m.; Montgomery — 6 to 8 p.m., 12 and under; Mount Hope — 6 to 8 p.m.; Oak Hill — 6 to 8 p.m.; Smithers — 6 to 7:30 p.m.; Thurmond — 6 to 8 p.m., 12 and under, Town Hall and Post Office are giving out candy.