- Caregiver Support Group — A caregiver support group meeting/training entitled “How to Communicate with Someone Who has Alzheimer’s Disease or Related Dementia” will be held on Monday, Aug. 26 at 1 p.m. at the Fayette Senior Center, 108 Lewis Street, Oak Hill. Contact either Janet Zamiela or Melinda Metz at 304-465-8484 if you have any questions.
- Board of Health — The Fayette County Board of Health will meet on Thursday, Aug. 29 at 4 p.m. at the Fayette County Health Department, Fayetteville.
- Board of Education — The Fayette County Board of Education will meet as follows: regular meeting — Tuesday, Sept. 3, BOE office, 6 p.m.; special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Sept. 16, Fayetteville High School (for Fayetteville area schools), 6 p.m.; and special meeting (LSIC) — Monday, Sept. 23, Oak Hill High School (for Oak Hill area schools), 6 p.m.
- Fayette County Commission — The Fayette County Commission will meet Friday, Aug. 23 — regular meeting, 9 a.m. in the Fayette County Commission chambers of the Fayette County Courthouse. The meetings are open to the public.
- Oak Hill Lions Club — The Oak Hill Lions Club meets each Thursday at 6 p.m. at Dory’s Grille, Holiday Lodge, Oak Hill. For more information, call 304-574-2836.
- Oak Hill Rotary — The Oak Hill Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the LifeBridge Fellowship Hall in East End Oak Hill. Call 304-640-1497 for more information. The first Tuesday of each month is Business Meeting day, and each following Tuesday has a member program scheduled, with guests invited to visit.
- Southern Cross Chapter, UDC — The Southern Cross Chapter #2001 of the United Daughters of the Confederacy meets the third Saturday of each month at noon for luncheon and meeting, alternating between Oak Hill and Beckley. For information and location of the meeting, call Earldine Robinson at 304-575-0905 or Joan Dickerson at 304-574-0692.
- Cancer Support Group — The Fayette County Cancer Support Group meets the first Monday of each month (excluding holidays, then meetings are held the second Monday) from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Summit at Hidden Valley, 438 23rd Street, Oak Hill (next to Hidden Valley Nursing Home). Call Ann Perry at 304-465-1224.