Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
Town Hall, 125 North Court Street
1. Call to order
2. Read minutes from previous meeting
3. Correct or approve minutes as read
4. Review and approval of financial report
5. Visitors’ agenda
1. Discuss and consider police chief’s request to hire Justin Wills as a new police officer (recorder)
2. Budget Revision #2 for Fund #1 (treasurer)
3. Approve the Fayetteville Lions Club to host the Fourth of July festival in the Town of Fayetteville on July 4, 2014 (recorder)
4. Conduct a public hearing to hear public comments concerning the Second Avenue Bridge (recorder)
5. Discuss and consider options with the Second Avenue Bridge (mayor)
6. Discuss and approve agreement and agreement with the CVB to lease the gazebo at Janutolo Park (recorder)
7. Refer Dilapidated Nuisance Warning Notice of Violation of the property located at 121 Harvey Street to Planning and Zoning
8. Discuss recommendations to the Metropolitan Planning Organization for sub-committee members on Technical Advisory Committee, MS4 and Transit Committee (recorder)
9. Approve recommendation by School Building Chairman Hank Seay for Margaret Redman to be the AmeriCorps member for the 2013-14 year (recorder)
10. Approve the purchase of green metal roofing for the large shelter at the Fayetteville Town Park not to exceed $1,200 with Community Participation Grant Funds (recorder)
11. Approve advertisement for proposals on its Commercial Property, Liability and Crime Insurance Policy (recorder)
12. Discuss and approve the date of Thursday, Sept. 26, at 5 p.m. to approve the Commercial Property, Liability and Crime Insurance Provider (recorder)
13. Discuss and consider request by Chandra LaCost and William LaCost to change Ordinance 505.0 (recorder)
14. Refer Variance Application of Chandra LaCost for 120 Fayette Avenue to the Board of Appeals for consideration (recorder)
15. Refer application for Letter of Appropriateness to Planning and Zoning for Historical Review and zoning consideration (recorder)
1. First reading of Ordinance 2013-4 Amend Article 301 of Part Three of the Codified Ordinances of the Town of Fayetteville by adopting the State of West Virginia Traffic Code as Amended (recorder)
2. Discuss and consider request by Fayetteville Ministerial Association use of the Fayetteville Town Park and Huse Memorial Park (recorder)
3. Discuss and consider superintendent’s request for the purchase of a surveillance system for Street Department property and town property at the Recycling Center not to exceed $2,000 (recorder)
4. Discuss and consider superintendent’s request to hire Frank Spangler to work as a temporary employee in the Street Department and at the Fayetteville Town Park (recorder)
5. Consider Thursday, Oct. 31, and set hours for Trick or Treat in the Town of Fayetteville (recorder)
Reports from boards
-- Town Park Board
-- CVB Report
-- Beautification Commission
-- Huse Park Commission
-- Planning Commission Board
-- Board of Appeals
-- School Building Committee
-- Water and Sanitary Board
-- Police Department
-- Fire Department
-- Town superintendent
-- Executive session concerning personnel issues
Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
- Local News
- Ansted Christmas cheer
Lights Along the Midland Trail shining until New Year
For years, the Lights Along the Midland Trail display has made things merry and bright at Hawks Nest State Park. Located on Route 60 at Ansted, more than 30 unique holiday displays are currently located on the state park ground.
New Haven Christmas Project in eighth year of serving area
A lot of love will be on display at Midland Trail High School this Saturday.
Prospective petit jurors to report for duty Jan. 10
Daniel Wright, clerk of the Fayette County Circuit Court, has released the names of individuals summoned for petit jury duty. The following prospective jurors are to report to Judge John Hatcher’s courtroom, on the second floor of the main Courthouse building, on Jan. 10, 2014, no later than 8:45 a.m.
Miracle of Christmas truce to be re-enacted
“No bathrobes and tinsel this year,” says Carrie Borsman, director of “Operation Silent Night,” when anticipating the Christmas production which opens Sunday at Fayetteville Christ Fellowship.
- Rosedale Elementary wins $25,000 in U.S. Cellular online voting event
Cutting down on drug abuse, trafficking
Recently, I was successful in pressing the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) to expand the Appalachia High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA), which enables our state’s law enforcement officers and officials to access additional federal resources to further their drug control and prevention efforts.
Learn how to stay in shape while still enjoying the holiday season
While the holidays can be the most wonderful time of year, with cooler weather, family gatherings and delicious foods, they can also be a minefield for those looking to maintain their weight-loss and fitness goals.
- A visit from St. Nick
Let’s improve conditions for all coal miners
On Dec. 6 each year, we pause to honor our country’s coal miners, and reflect on the sacrifices those men and women have made over the course of well over 100 years.
- More Local News Headlines