Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
Town Hall, 125 North Court Street
1. Call to order
2. Read minutes from previous meeting
3. Correct or approve minutes as read
4. Review and approval of financial report
5. Visitors’ agenda
1. Discuss and consider police chief’s request to hire Justin Wills as a new police officer (recorder)
2. Budget Revision #2 for Fund #1 (treasurer)
3. Approve the Fayetteville Lions Club to host the Fourth of July festival in the Town of Fayetteville on July 4, 2014 (recorder)
4. Conduct a public hearing to hear public comments concerning the Second Avenue Bridge (recorder)
5. Discuss and consider options with the Second Avenue Bridge (mayor)
6. Discuss and approve agreement and agreement with the CVB to lease the gazebo at Janutolo Park (recorder)
7. Refer Dilapidated Nuisance Warning Notice of Violation of the property located at 121 Harvey Street to Planning and Zoning
8. Discuss recommendations to the Metropolitan Planning Organization for sub-committee members on Technical Advisory Committee, MS4 and Transit Committee (recorder)
9. Approve recommendation by School Building Chairman Hank Seay for Margaret Redman to be the AmeriCorps member for the 2013-14 year (recorder)
10. Approve the purchase of green metal roofing for the large shelter at the Fayetteville Town Park not to exceed $1,200 with Community Participation Grant Funds (recorder)
11. Approve advertisement for proposals on its Commercial Property, Liability and Crime Insurance Policy (recorder)
12. Discuss and approve the date of Thursday, Sept. 26, at 5 p.m. to approve the Commercial Property, Liability and Crime Insurance Provider (recorder)
13. Discuss and consider request by Chandra LaCost and William LaCost to change Ordinance 505.0 (recorder)
14. Refer Variance Application of Chandra LaCost for 120 Fayette Avenue to the Board of Appeals for consideration (recorder)
15. Refer application for Letter of Appropriateness to Planning and Zoning for Historical Review and zoning consideration (recorder)
1. First reading of Ordinance 2013-4 Amend Article 301 of Part Three of the Codified Ordinances of the Town of Fayetteville by adopting the State of West Virginia Traffic Code as Amended (recorder)
2. Discuss and consider request by Fayetteville Ministerial Association use of the Fayetteville Town Park and Huse Memorial Park (recorder)
3. Discuss and consider superintendent’s request for the purchase of a surveillance system for Street Department property and town property at the Recycling Center not to exceed $2,000 (recorder)
4. Discuss and consider superintendent’s request to hire Frank Spangler to work as a temporary employee in the Street Department and at the Fayetteville Town Park (recorder)
5. Consider Thursday, Oct. 31, and set hours for Trick or Treat in the Town of Fayetteville (recorder)
Reports from boards
-- Town Park Board
-- CVB Report
-- Beautification Commission
-- Huse Park Commission
-- Planning Commission Board
-- Board of Appeals
-- School Building Committee
-- Water and Sanitary Board
-- Police Department
-- Fire Department
-- Town superintendent
-- Executive session concerning personnel issues
Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
- Local News
- Animal shelter benefit
Officials investigate deaths of two babies
The cause of the deaths of two children in Fayette County was undetermined Tuesday, and investigators said they won’t have more information until the State Medical Examiner’s Office releases a report.
The triumphs of the busy mom
I was asked to write an article highlighting the success of someone who had made a change for the better for their health. Believe it or not, I had trouble thinking of someone, and I work with people all the time who make positive health changes. But I just had one of those moments when I couldn’t pick any one story in particular.
- It’s coming
NPS ready to welcome volunteers
As southern West Virginians wait for spring, the National Park Service is preparing for warmer weather by searching for gardeners, history buffs, artists/youth workers and nature lovers who want to do a good deed or a community service project.
Commission supports grant, rivers initiative
The Fayette County Commission reviewed budgets for the county Tuesday, hearing from committees and individuals.
Man charged after police respond to domestic call
A Fayetteville man was arrested after a domestic fight early Saturday, according to a press release issued by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office.
Laird makes plea to save county golf course
Officials in Fayette County are trying to keep a landmark recreational destination away from the state chopping block as lawmakers grapple with a $265 million budgetary shortfall.
Rockefeller reflects on 50 years of support for W.Va. families
Meeting with advocates who are on the frontlines in supporting West Virginia families, Senator Jay Rockefeller said a lot has been accomplished in his 50 years of public service — but that there is more work to do, if all families in the state are to be given all possible chances to succeed.
- Good game!
- More Local News Headlines