A garage fire caused damage in two Oak Hill homes Christmas morning, according to Oak Hill Fire Department.
Assistant Chief Bob Begley said after a family had opened their gifts, the owner of the home was burning the wrapping paper in a fire pit in the garage.
Begley said he left the fire going, went back into the house, and there was a small explosion shortly thereafter.
The explosion was likely from fuel from motorcycles in the garage, Begley said.
Firefighters from Oak Hill, Fayetteville and Mount Hope arrived on scene at approximately 10 a.m. One woman was trapped inside a neighboring home, but a firefighter was able to assist her. No injuries were reported.
Begley said the heat from the first house fire caused damage to a second home, but most damage was contained to the outside and attics of both homes.
He described the damage on the inside of the homes as minimal.
Firefighters cleared the scene at approximately 12:20 p.m.
Begley said both families were going to stay with friends and family.