The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
- Summer P-EBT plans announced for West Virginia families
- This week in West Virginia history
- Police briefs
- Community calendar
- Nature festival planned in Fayetteville
- West Virginia lawmakers prepare to draw the map that will determine their political futures
- Local students earn MU academic honors
- WV State Parks launches adventurer challenges
- School clothing allowance applications accepted through July 31