CHARLESTON – West Virginia American Water now is accepting applications for the company’s 2019 Firefighting Support Grant program. Firefighting support grants provide financial assistance to fire and emergency organizations serving communities in the company’s designated service areas.
“West Virginia American Water is enhancing the safety of the public by providing additional resources for our local firefighters through this grant program,” said Robert Burton, president of West Virginia American Water. “We are thankful for our partnerships with local and volunteer fire companies across the Mountain State and look forward to continuing to play a critical role in fire protection and prevention.”
In 2018, West Virginia American Water contributed $10,000 to help 12 local fire departments purchase emergency gear, lifesaving equipment, training materials and essential firefighting apparatus.
To qualify, applicants must provide a letter of application that includes the following information:
• Contact information including name, email address and phone number;
• Description of the organization(s) seeking support, including fire company name, address of fire company and county in which the fire company is located (eligible counties include Boone, Braxton, Cabell, Fayette, Kanawha, Lewis, Lincoln, Logan, Mercer, Putnam, Raleigh, Summers, Wayne and Webster);
• Overview of the specific project to be funded;
• Grant amount requested (maximum $1,000);
• Problem/challenges that the project will address;
• Timeframe for implementation of the project;
• Summary of budget and other funding sources or potential funding sources; and
• In addition to the letter of application, a completed W-9 form should be included.
Information and application requirements can be found on the Firefighting Support Grant page of the company’s website. For additional information, please contact Bradley Harris, external affairs specialist, at Bradley.Harris@amwater.com or 304-340-2087. Applications must be postmarked by July 5 and recipients will be notified in August.